Sunday, July 1, 2012

Smoth 'N Shine Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer


I recently joined BzzAgent, which is a marketing company that puts products in the hands of real consumers to try and express their honest opinions about them. You first answer as many short surveys as you can so they can pair you with a product campaign. Once you have an offer to join a campaign, you will receive a full size product for you to try at home. As a BzzAgent you will be able to write a product review and share it with all your friends through any and all social media.

They recently invited me to try the Smooth 'N Shine Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer. I been a Curly Girl for about two years now and part of the "oath" we take as Curly Girls is to respect our curls. I have NOT straightened my hair for that long and I haven't planned on doing so. I used to want straight hair with all my heart but not anymore. I love that my hair is unique and I have learned how to tame it all on my own. How would the Smooth 'N Shine Keratin Power Semi Permanent Hair Tamer affect my hair?

Well I took the plunge anyway. The treatment consists of two steps: tame and neutralize.

1. I washed my hair with Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo. I used my Deva Curl towel to dry the excess water off my hair.
2. I combed through my hair with my fingers.
3. I then used the gloves provided in the kit and divided my hair into four parts.
4. I apply the Protein Smoothing Treatment "Super".
5. Waited 25 minutes though my hair and left it on for about 25 minutes.
6. Rinse off the product in warm water for about 8 minutes.
7. I then applied the second tube, Neutralizing Milk, on my damp hair.  I left it on for 10 minutes and then rinsed again with warm water for about 8 minutes.
8. It says to blow dry hair with a round brush or to use the flat iron. I instead blow dried my hair with the diffuser to keep my curls.

These were the results:
It is supposed to last anywhere from 4 -6 weeks. To be honest, I will not be using this product in the future. It did tame my hair and it did help with the frizz but I have found other ways to do so without the chemicals. I am not very comfortable using this product too often. I am not sure if it will damage the hair or not but it is not a chance I am willing to take. I think this product would have been perfect for me years ago when I had trouble with frizzy hair.

I will recommend it if you haven't found anything that helps tame the frizziness off your hair. I know how frustrating it is to have frizzy hair and I would have tried anything. Overall, this is a great product and it does work but I will not be incorporating it into my routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment